A forum for discussion of Scottish independence and a second independence referendum.

If you have difficulty using the forum check out https://www.asgaros.de/docs/users-guide/
When posting, just type – you do not have to use the formatting buttons if you don’t want to

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Put Your Feet Up

I thought this might be a good idea, a bit of music or jokes and stuff is I think a good sign. I always have liked the Stranglers.

Ouch! That view is at least twice the size it need be. Wee job for the webmaster to sort please 🙂

Thank crunchie for that!

Thought my eyes had gone strange for a sec. 😀

I see Thepnr has been a wee bit bold 🙂

That's the size it is on YouTube - complain to them if you must . . .

It is only the still photo that looks 'too big'

When you press play the video will resize to the size of the screen.

Looks fine on my PC, my phone and my iPad

Mornin' Nana. 🙂

Got back from my weekend travels last night to see it's been another fraught weekend across the indyweb. Fair takes your breath away the number of 'hot takes' out there. Some folk need to take a leaf out of Thepnr's book. Step back and take some time to smell the wossinames.

I'm probably the very last person to wax lyrical on anything theological, but this wee phrase always kinda stuck for some reason.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference."

So this is where the WoS refugees are hanging out! I have visited the site for Nana's links but never commented. Now I wish I had so she might keep on posting links. Such a shame that WoS is overrun by unionists now. I've hung on in the hope that things will improve but no dice so far.

Not sure how this forum thing works but here goes...

Quote from Macart on 28th October 2019, 9:40 am

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference."

Nana has  now adopted the serene Buddha pose, looks like I'll be cooking etc, today.

Mornin' Capella. 🙂

Still do a wee bit of lurking over on WoS, but very little commenting tbf. It's a bit out of my league these days.

Quote from capella on 28th October 2019, 9:41 am

Not sure how this forum thing works but here goes...

Good to see you here Capella  read this to see how the forum works,   https://www.asgaros.de/docs/users-guide/

Try it you can't break it, and if you don't try.. no hammers here.

Hi Macart - perhaps the swarming of unionists is a good sign. Taking down WoS must be very high on their list of priorities. 

Thx Hackalumpoff - will read !

@webcraft

"That's the size it is on YouTube - complain to them if you must..."

No issues from me at all, in fact I appreciate that you have provided the space for such frivilous activities as numbing peoples brains with "pop music" 🙂

Hi Cspella

Welcome to Indyref2 forum, hope you'll hang around for a bit. The more the merrier and all that.

Morning Macart, 

Don't be taking any heed of Hacka, he's got me slaving away here. Serenity!  ____(grunts)

Morning Capella, there are lots of links on t'other page.  Good to see you here 🙂

Morning, Capella. Welcome to The Light Side (apart from grumpy old Hacka, obvs).

Pure kwality, btw.

@ Thepnr - I sure will. Glad to see you posting somewhere! I thought you had returned to WoS but you disappeared again.

The Stranglers singer sounds like Lou Reed. I've been listening a lot to John Prine - seems to suit my mood atm. At the SNP conference his "Angel from Montgomery" from the Reunion album was playing in the background. Nice touch. here's a live version:

TBF Nana

I always suspected you might be doing the floaty thing in the lotus position over a keyboard. 😀

Quote from Tinto Chiel on 28th October 2019, 10:14 am

Morning, Capella. Welcome to The Light Side (apart from grumpy old Hacka, obvs).

Pure kwality, btw.

Careful now, I have buttons to push.

Mornin Tinto Chiel - I was wondering where you had sloped off to. I was almost beginning to give up hope of any of the old timers reappearing!

Mornin Nana - this is beginning to sound like an episode of the Waltons! Great.

I've redone the Videos menu and included a few classic anthems

You can post a YouTube video by copying and pasting the URL then using the 'remove link' function on the toolbar - highlight the URL you posted then click the 'remove link' button

Removing a link

Here's one I like:

Excellent to see so many familiar names (almost said 'old faces' there but corrected meself at the very last second...)

In case youse don't know, it seems that the upstairs room at Dows has been booked again for Saturday afternoon, until 5ish, for anyone attending the rally. Handy wee bolthole.

🙂

Ian Brotherhood

Ha ha ha. Brilliant. Imagine facing thousands of him on the Battlefield. 

Here's another one.

No it's not! I can't seem to paste links on here.

Seems that he's no Scottish at all! 

I would love to see Robert Peffers posting on here, however he probably has no idea that this site even exists. Maybe someone who's still allowed to post on WoS could give him a head's up.

Quote from Petra on 28th October 2019, 11:34 am

Seems that he's no Scottish at all! 

NO, he's not - he's Australian, but surely we can forgive him for that lol

Here's the Chilli Pipers doing Smoke on the Water and Thunderstruck. Saw them at HebCeltFest three years ago

Yeah we'll let him off as he seems to be one of us, lol. Daft as a brush

I wonder what I'm doing wrong webcraft in that I can copy youtube videos but can't seem to post them on here?

This is a tester to see if I'm getting the links-thing okay...

Should be a YT video of a young Irish artist called David Keenan singing 'Tin Pan Alley'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kR7dXGFDgM

Ian Brotherhood
Quote from Petra on 28th October 2019, 11:58 am

Yeah we'll let him off as he seems to be one of us, lol. Daft as a brush

I wonder what I'm doing wrong webcraft in that I can copy youtube videos but can't seem to post them on here?

I posted this above the Badpiper vid, but maybe you missed it Petra

You can post a YouTube video by copying and pasting the URL then using the 'remove link' function on the toolbar - highlight the URL you posted then click the 'remove link' button

Removing a link

Just realised that this format reminds me of early WOS. No bad thing!

Just about to post link on WOS, so mibbe more familiar faces on the way...

🙂

Ian Brotherhood

I pasted in the Youtube link then removed the https:// bit as usual, which removes the giant embedded picture if you prefer just a link. Here's "Sam Stone", another John Prine, this time from his early days. It's sad but in memory of all the poor people who have died because of poverty and depression in the nasty UK.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLVWEYUqGew

Finally got myself to signing up here. Thnx scotsrenewables. Nice also to see so many familiar names. Look forward to enjoying the debate and the banter.

Cheers,

PC

Quote from Proud Cybernat on 28th October 2019, 12:50 pm

Finally got myself to signing up here. Thnx scotsrenewables. Nice also to see so many familiar names. Look forward to enjoying the debate and the banter.

Cheers,

PC

Good to see you here. I'm really missing your Jackie Kimono toons. Are new targets in mind ?

Quote from hackalumpoff on 28th October 2019, 12:56 pm
Quote from Proud Cybernat on 28th October 2019, 12:50 pm

Cheers,

PC

Good to see you here. I'm really missing your Jackie Kimono toons. Are new targets in mind ?

Funny you should say that because I've been thinking about it recently. However - I hit a snag. I absolutely refuse to watch BBC Misreporting Scotland so i don't even know if they yet have a permanent replacement anchor for the Burd. Anyone know? Sally Magnusson? Sally McNair? Let me know and I'll get her wrapped in a Kimono.

PC

Hi to all who are here. I signed up today and still finding out how things work.

Nice to see so many names that I have been missing for a wee while.

I'm off to explore some more buttons but I'll be back. Trying a smiley!

🙂

D. R. Cunningham.

Can I make a suggestion, if you don't mind, or even if you do mind, if you don't mind - could we have more posts per page? There are only 10 on a page which means clicking back and forth a lot. Some sites have 500 per page but maybe somewhere in between would be good?

Nice to see you callmedave & Proud cybernat.

Welcome to all new members, hope to see lots of fine comment and maybe a link or two to keep us all informed. 

BREAKING: No 10 source claims govt is ready to back SNP/Lib Dem plan.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1188794604784701440

Have been visiting Nana's links on here for a while but only realised last week that i could "join" and comment.  Lovely to see some names i recognise from other blogs.  And so far it seems a bit more friendly than other places of late

Quote from capella on 28th October 2019, 1:17 pm

Can I make a suggestion, if you don't mind, or even if you do mind, if you don't mind - could we have more posts per page? There are only 10 on a page which means clicking back and forth a lot. Some sites have 500 per page but maybe somewhere in between would be good?

I've increased the number of posts on a page to 25, see if that is better or if you want it increased further

Mmmm... That No. 10 source Nana. You don't suppose someone is trolling Labour. 😎

Could be Macart, could be 🙂

Thanks ScotsRenewables - that is definitely better. I would be happy with more per page but perhaps others are happy with 25. See how it goes and what feedback you get from other commenteers, I noticed on a previous thread that AnneB said the type was very pale and small. I find this too. If I enlarge it the paragraph is then too wide for my laptop screen.  Sorry to be a pain but I hope the feedback is helpful in making it more readable..

Just coughed up a few Euros there on donations page.  🙂

Parliament tv  commons might be worth a watch later.

Looks like the SNP are biting the bullet and going for a GE  now and Boris looking at the 9th Dec date as a OK.

I'm a remainer but stopping Brexit looks a lost cause now and another UK wide people's vote will see a Scottish remain vote swamped from darn Sarf!

Popcorn bought a few months back still in cupboard 🙁       Oh well! ....                             (Fleetwood Mac 1969)

D. R. Cunningham.

So this is where you’ve all been hiding since Wings went rogue! Do you think a December 9 election is a good thing or a bad thing?

Okay - so here goes:

Uploaded files:
  • BBC-MRS-LM1.jpg

Hello, everybody! I just signed up, had a quick look round and I'm feeling refreshed already.  I'm not abandoning Wings but it's a bit of a depressing place just now. It's a bit of a slog to get through, and I'm skipping more than I read.

I'll still be keeping an eye on it for all the good stuff it earned its reputation on, as I still expect will continue to appear, if rather less frequently than it used to. I hope it gets better soon.

Hi Xaracen,

I think Wings will get back to being the go to place for yessers. I pop in every day and will continue to do so & I have new sturdy shoes ready for delivering the next WBB 🙂

Quote from Fairliered on 28th October 2019, 4:29 pm

So this is where you’ve all been hiding since Wings went rogue! Do you think a December 9 election is a good thing or a bad thing?

I really don't know, who does, but somethings gotta give.

It's maybe best to ask Schrodingers Cat, who would in all "probability" say good and bad and everything in between 🙀

BREAKING:

BoJo has officially accepted EU extension. 

https://twitter.com/MarkyBooth97/status/1188869411337318400

Oh and DUP will not vote with Tories in tonight's vote.

Blackford's chance to speak in HoC debate. 

Boris 12th Dec deal is not on he says, reminding him that Holyrood consent is required.

Going for the Lib/Dem deal which ensures a no deal Brexit is completely off the table and 16yr olds getting to vote.

Q: Tory to Blackford asking if the SNP will vote with the Tories if it was on another date (9th) 

doesn't mention that 'no deal' would be rescinded.

Big hoo-ha about people who are excluded now getting to vote. 

D. R. Cunningham.

I hope there is an election in December. The SNP could take the most seats in Scotland which would be an excellent platform for Indyref2 next year. Even if Boris Johnston does win in England that is still good for independencc as it's either that or 5 years of a right wing Westminster government. If Scottish people are prepared to accept that then there is really no hope.

I am having a shottie at following Hackalumpoff’s instructions on how to post You Tube 

Mm, that looks odd. I will try again using the paperclip https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPLe9qhpBF8

Ok so the paper clip worked, lets try again removing all before www 

Scotch and Wry

m.youtube.com/watch?v=S-SLLOqp1zo&t=197s

Just to confuse me it didn’t have www so I have just removed everything from in front of where I would expect www to be.

Well that didn’t work. Stumped on that one. Try the paper clip again 

Scotch and Wry 

Fixed it for you Ann - you need the https:// and it needs to NOT be a link (use the broken paperclip on it, not the intact one) - SR

Thank you Scots Renewables. I will have another go

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4oydSZTAns  

It's still linked, Ann.

Edit your post, highlight the link and use the broken paperclip in the toolbar to unlink it.

(No idea why it works like that, seems nuts but . . . )

Sorry Scots Renewables I don’t understand.  I thought this was the way it was supposed to be and that people opened it the same as any other link.  Can I impose on your good nature further and ask you to explain how to use the broken paper clip?  I used to think that I had a good working knowledge of Word and Excel but this has me beat.  I have no idea what the symbols mean let alone how to use them.  

Forum for discussion of Scottish independence and a second independence referendum.